It's been far too long, hasn't it? (Rest assured, i have been continuing my walk along the Blyth and Tyne railway — just at a rather glacial pace…)
- W. H. Smith bingo
- On Radio 4, Tynemouth Sea and Song: “Folk singer Jez Lowe uncovers the traditions of seafaring and song in Tynemouth and North Shields and hears why music is essential to this landscape, its people and its history.”
- The Diamond Geezer risk log: Makes me think about the risks to my own blog.
- Why are links blue?
- The origins of the dialectal words of the north — I was quite surprised to see how many are from Romani
English counties explained, by Jay
Foreman — good heavens, it’s a mess
- See also Wikishire and their excellent map of the historic counties of Britain and Ireland.
- Three odd canal crossings
- How to see the republic of Ireland from England
- It is fascinating, fourteen years on, to watch the reveal of the original iPhone. How many things we take for granted now that were revolutionary back in 2007!
- Absement, the opposite of velocity
- Genes reveal how and when Polynesian sailors reached the remote isles of the Pacific