I found out that Mark Toney’s1, in Newcastle, serves Dutch-style apple pie, and it immediately gave me flashbacks to my childhood like the critic in Ratatouille. I honestly started crying. Delicious stuff. …Sorry, what’s that?
Apologies for the interruption; my legal team have informed me that i have to actually put links in my link roundups. Who knew‽
- A 100-year-old Virginian woman hand-makes custom jackets to give away
- “My afternoons with the singing bowl lady” — A rare sympathetic portrayal of new-agers, one that neither revels in tired atheistic snark nor makes me want to tear my hair out with vapid bollocks
- What should a 9000-pound electric vehicle sound like?
- Wikipedia’s list of mythological objects
- How to write English prose well — A welcome antidote to the usual scolding towards uninspired curtness
- How (Saint) James Cameron made the water in Avatar: The Way of, erm, Water look so good2